History of the United States Carriage Company
USCC is named after The United States Carriage Company built in the early 20th century. This was an industrial building designed with attention to detail and a high level of craftsmanship. lt was originally built for one of the city's buggy makers that became nationally known in the early 20th century for its production of hearses and ambulances, especially the Great Eagle hearse, which made the first cross-country funeral trip from New York to San Francisco in 1913.
The United States Carriage Company was founded by Charles F. Myers, a German immigrant. Myers arrived in Columbus in 1869. After an apprenticeship with one or more of the city's many buggy makers, he formed his own company in the late 1870s. The company expanded in the mid-1890s, but a fire in 1896 destroyed the original manufacturing facility at this address. By the turn of the century, Myers had a disagreement with one of his partners and purchased all of the company's shares and brought his son Frederick Christopher into the firm. 

This is an example of one model of horse-drawn hearse produced by the U.S. Carriage Company.

                              (Source: pinterest)

This eight-column design was also produced by the                        United States Carriage Company.

(Source: www.hearse.com)

The New USCC

In 2013, a few developers decided to take this beautiful historic building and revitalize it.              USCC has been open and breathing life back into the heart of downtown since September of 2017. USCC offers a variety of unique luxury lofts with spectacular views of downtown Columbus. Each loft offers features such as custom luxury kitchens, real oak hardwood floors, exposed brick and beams, gorgeous bathrooms with Corian luxury vanities. USCC incorporates all of these modern touches while still preserving the original historic charm of the building. 

ME Real Estate Columbus Inc.

309 S 4th St, Unit 1A

Columbus OH 43215

Phone: 614-321-7707

Email: Leasing@mecolumbus.com

Office Hours

M-F: 10am-5pm

Sat: By appointment only

Sun: Closed

5th Floor